Followers

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Hard Work,But Someone Has to do It.

This morning I began work in house one.
Yesterday there were still a lot of tomato plants hanging on the second row to the right.  It was quite cool this morning so I put on a medium weight coat.  I removed all the tomatoes in the second row.
We, Carol and I, removing the stems of the perennials.  We laid them on this tarp to hall them out to the garden.  
There are a lot of pruning at the garden west of the driveway.
Carol cut off the tops off the dahlias and I dug them up.  There was a lot of dirt in the roots.  They are in the large nursery can.  I put them in the garage.  
We pulled up the zinnias and put them on the tarp.  It was the heaviest tarp load today.  I had to rest about four times before I got it out to the garden.  
This is where I dumped all the frozen plant material.  I will spread it out a little and hope that it will decay some during the winter.
I needed to pick up the drip tamp.  Last year I pulled out the north end of house one and sometimes I pulled in front of house two and three.  
I wrapped the drip tape around the frame that I made.  I help it all together with twine.   The picture is of the second one.  It is wrapped with two rows of drip tape.  There are several splices.
The drip tape is gone.  Next year the vines will be trained to go horizontal.  In a space of twelve feet there will be eight horizontal lines.
I pulled up these carrots which I made soup.  Besides carrots there were peas, onions, and peas.  I put in the left over meat loaf from Sunday.  It tasted really good.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment