Followers

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Dug Potatoes

After breakfast Carol and I began the potato dig.  There were two rows to dig.  The ground was a little muddy and the vines were dried up.  The first potatoes were Yukon  God.  Most of them were a good size.
 This tub had a mix of potatoes.  There were some purple ones,  some russets, and some Pontiacs.
We filled the yellow bucket first and post in the bucket are Yukon Gold.
The above photo is of a potato where one side is spoiled.
Her is one that shows a large spoiled part.  Have no idea what caused it.
The above tree has been outside all summer.  With the threat of frost Sunday night I brought it into the house.  It would stand up by itself so I put the back of a chair against it which held it from falling over.

We drove to Fillmore for a few groceries and a furnace filter.  We got them an then came back home.  While I was in Fillmore I was to have my vision tester and have a medical report signed by Dr. Gross.  I forgot.  I went back and made several trips from the DMV and the doctor's office.  I stopped at the hospital to see Charlene Tuttle.  She was asleep so I didn't disturb her.
I worked most of the afternoon in house one.  There are two rows of tomatoes on the right.  I removed the tomatoes from the first row and a few on the second row.  I hope to finish that tomorrow.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment