Followers

Friday, October 19, 2018

Tomato Plants - Gone

A little cool this morning.  The tomato plants in a quart bottle in the kitchen window are rooting nicely.
I put them in these square pots.  The photo doesn't show to much, but in a couple of weeks they will be doing well.
The transplants are a clone of the tomatoes in the above basket.

I transplanted these butterfly bushes yesterday.  This morning I used two bamboo stakes to hold them upright.
Next, I removed all of the tomato plants on the row on the right side except six on the north end.  I was coming back after lunch to finish, but that didn't happen.
While removing the tomato plants there were some that looked like there was no frost damage.  I will check them after they have turned red to see how they taste.
We began removing tomato plants in the west garden.  They were held up with tomato cages made with tree baskets. It was pretty warm so I removed my coat.
the dead tomato plants are laying on the ground.  The conduit pipes were in the ground nearly three feet.  With a pair of vice grips, I was able to pull them out.
I put the tomato vines on the west side of the garden where I have been growing pinion pines and Utah Junipers.  I hope they decay some during the winter.
A view from the west side looking back towards the garage.  The tomato vines are gone.
The tomato cages are on the weed barrier waiting for next year.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment