Followers

Friday, November 13, 2020

Delta Planer

 I found some redwood in my stack of lumber.  I wanted to plane it so the red would show.  I ran it through the planer and did pretty good, but it was gouged some.  I ripped it in half ending up with two flat pieces. 

One was thicker than the other. I ran the thicker one through the plainer until both pieces were the same. 
I cut into four equal pieces and mitered both ends at 45 degree.  I was making a pencil box.  I should of taken some pictures of this process, but I forgot,  I ended up with with a fairly nice box.
I watched a couple of You Tube videos to see if I could fix it.  It said to clean the rollers.  With clean rollers the wood would go through with out stopping or slowing down.  The rollers in my machine did not need cleaning.  The front roller was damaged.  I took it off and it is in the above photo.
I carried the planer and put on the back of the truck and it is going to the dump when the snow melts some.
The birds got fed again.  They eat a lot of hen scratch.  d
I watched a video that showed a good way to use sandpaper.  I taped the sandpaper to the smooth workbench and pushed to pencil box back and forth.  I used a small brush to remove the dust.  It looked like a new piece of sandpaper;

Lisa, Eric, and Emi brought some food and we had supper together.   It's been along time since we have seen Eric.  They are staying the night with us.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!








No comments:

Post a Comment