Followers

Monday, November 2, 2020

Putting the Garden to Bed

Richard, our son, stopped by yesterday around eleven.  He had been down south and had to me in Nephi Monday morning by six.  Dinner was nearly ready.  He ate with us and stayed with us all night.

The first things this morning was to start the wash.  We washed the sheets and clothes.  We made the beds with the clean sheets.  That took most of the morning.

I got the battery weed eater and cut the peony plants to the ground.    There was a small elm tree about eighteen tall that I cut down and painted the stems with Kills All.

I dug up all of the old tomato plants in the south garden.

I threw away all of the weak Toma-hooks.  They are weak because they are made of twenty gage wire.  I saved the good ones for next year.   
I ate this sweet corn that has been in the fridge for nearly two months.  The husks were nearly dry.   They could have been a little riper, but they tasted really good.  I still have a dozen or so in the fridge.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment