Followers

Friday, January 20, 2023

Roost for Roosters

It was about ten after seven when I got up.  Richard was up and he drove to Draper for a training meeting.  I fed the cats and started breakfast. Carol got up a little later.  

There was a very little dusting of snow all day long.  I took a large pitcher of hot water out to house six. I broke the ice in the watering container, I dumped out the icy water and poured in the hot water.  I put the sprinkler in the west end of house five and turned on the sprinkler I moved the sprinkler east every half hour.  I came back in and watched two of the morning TV shows.  I got the mail.  I had lunch of leftover potatoes, carrots and pork and beans.  I had hoped to do some tilling, but it was too muddy. 

This afternoon I some lay pellets to the roosters.  They are in the small bucket at the bottom of the above photo.  The rooster is standing by the watering container.
Here the lay pellets are in a twelve-inch frying pan that is just barely showing between the two roosters.
Here is a close-up photo of the twelve-inch frying pan full of lay pellets.
Here is a photo of the four roosters.  

Here the large frying is full of lay pellets.
I made a place for them to roost.  It is a eight-foot 2x2 wired to two posts.  
The roosters are scratching on the north side of greenhouse six.
On one of the times, I was walking back to the house.  The cat was sitting on a large rock.  I thought that it would make a nice picture.  We had grilled cheese sandwiches for supper.  I went out to house six to see if the roosters were roosting on the roost that I made for them.  They weren't.  They were roosting on the heater pipes and gas line that went to the furnace.  I called Richard to see if he was coming home tonight; He wasn't, we watched TV until we went to bed.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment