Followers

Monday, January 30, 2023

Two Day Event

 

Sunday started the same as most Sunday mornings. Up, weighed, showered, shaved and prayers. But oh different this Sunday ended.  We had our usual breakfast, and scripture reading, I put in my dentures and Carol drove me to church for choir practice.  Practice went well.  Carol came in as the choir closed their practice with a prayer.  I walked down and set with her on fourth bench, The sacrament speaker gave good talks.  We were going to the relief society room for our Sunday class work.  I usually prepare the microphones for the meeting in the chapel. Today, I didn't need to. I stood up and started to leave and an odd feeling came over me. There were some people close to me and helped me to the foyer where I laid down on a sofa there.  There were three of four nurses there.  I needed to go the rest room.  Carol went in with me.  The deification seemed to be normal. They had called for an ambulance, and it was there with a gurney. There were three or four police who were also there.  The ambulance headed for the Fillmore hospital with light flashing.  The ER people in the ambulance were checking my vital signs.
Carol took this picture as I entered the ER.  She was with me all of the time. It took quite a while before the got a room ready for me.  I wanted a more pictures. That didn't happen.  They hooked me up to a lot of machines the checked my vital signs.  The checked my glucose three or four times during the night and again during the next day.  They checked my blood pressure during the night and again the next day. Was told to collect my pee, so I called a nurse helped me do that.  I usually sleep on my right side.  I adjusted the bed so I could sleep on my side.  I woke up every hour or so during the night. Later in the night I would ring for the nurse, and nobody came. So, I just got up and unhooked the wires and then went to the restroom.  This time and for the rest of the day I peed in the toilet.  




No comments:

Post a Comment