Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Snow a Little

Carol got up and turned on the family room light.  I got up weighted and recorded the weight on my iPad.  I then showered, dressed and shaved.  I started cooking the old-fashioned oatmeal mush.  I fed the cats and started breakfast. After breakfast it took out a large pitcher of water to the roosters in greenhouse six. there was a skiff of snow. 

I opened the garage door and took the above photo.
The four roosters were right by the east door of house six.  I broke the ice in the water container and poured in the hot water.
It didn't look like the roosters were eating any lay pellets.  The above rooster waa eating. One of the lay pellets flipped out of his beak and landed about twelve inches away.  The rooster walked over and ate it.
Later in the afternoon I raked the recycled potting soil.  I found several parsley roots.  I laid it on an old mat and took a picture.  I was amazed by how green it was.
Here is another photo. I used a pair of scissors and cut off all of the dried-up leave.  
Here is a photo of the parsley with other plants.  Most were dead.
The same with a red beet. It was still alive.  If it regrew, it would grow seeds.
I turned on the sprinkler to soak the soil and potting soil.  I moved the sprinkler east every hour until the soil in house five was good and wet.  Carol fixed a good supper.  We watched TV until we went to bed.  It was Carol's birthday today.  Family and friends have called all day.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment