Followers

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Frozen Pipes

I was really late at getting up this morning.  I got up several time in the night to go to the bathroom.  The next thing that happened was my bedroom light came on.  I got up, weighed and turned on the TV.  I then fed the cats.  Carol was making the toast.  I fried an egg for Carol.  She ate her egg on toast and I ate my homemade old-fashioned oats.  I then ate my scrambled egg.  I took out some hot water to the chickens in house six.  I broke the ice and dumped the water container.  I filled it with the hot water.  I went back to the house, and we watched the three morning TV shows.  I got the mail.  I had a can of soup for lunch.  Carol had a dish cereal.  We drove to Fillmore for gas at the LOVE gas station.  We bought groceries and the Fillmore marker.  As we were leaving the market three of our Holden friends had just checked out.  We came home.  I fed the chickens in house more lay pellets.  The chickens were eating the snow just outside of the door. I looked for the water that runs for the chickens.

  It was frozen.

I took the watering tunnel nearly completely apart.  I removed the insulation panels and the plywood top. The PVC stem was straight up.  There was a 3/4-inch elbow that was broken.  I cut it off and began to pour hot water on the pipes.  I broke some of the ice with a shove.  I gave up on finding the rest of the pipe because the ground was frozen.  The pipes go to greenhouse four.  They are barely under the ground.  I hope it is not all frozen.
I found the watering can and filled it halfway up and put it in the hen house.  The chickens went right to drinking. 
This is a watering container I have been using all winter.  It was frozen solid.  I put it at the back of the garage. We had hotdogs for supper.  It was getting dark when I dumped the water in house six.  The chickens in there were beginning to roost.  I watered the plants in house five with the hose and covered up the cuttings.  We watched TV until we went to bed.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment