Followers

Saturday, February 4, 2023

The Celebration

After breakfast I uncovered the plants in greenhouse five and gave the chickens in six fresh warm water. I then gave the chickens in the hen house their water container.  I watched the two woodworking shows which I usually watch on Saturday morning. Mary Remkes passed away a couple of days ago.  I didn't want to dress up to go, so I decided to stay home.  Carl Remkes, was my ministering partner.  I changed my mind and decided to.  I put on my suit.  Carol made funeral potatoes last night and put it in the oven to heat it up. Carol drove me and the hot casserole to the church.  I walked down the church hallway.  I saw a few people.  I thought that the family was at the cemetery, but they weren't.  I was told to go to the relief society room.  The room was full of people.  There was only one empty chair. It was by the door. I set there and the meeting started.  The two photos below are of the program.


I stayed for the luncheon.  Ward members made different dishes. I got my lunch and set down with a friend while I ate.  They took me home.  Carol and I went for a ride around two. We drove to the cemetery to see where Mary Remkes was buried.  There was a place where the snow had been scraped off the lawn.  There was a place where a sixteen-inch square was covered with fresh sand.  We had omelets for supper.
I took this picture of the chickens who were roosting this morning

I took another picture of the furnace where they were roosting.  We watched TV until we went to bed.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment