Followers

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Protected the Beans

Walked out to the garden.  The deer had eaten some of the bean plants.  There were deer tracks all over.  Mostly along the west side.  

I built the wire cover out of concrete reinforcement to keep them safe from the deer.  The openings are six inches square.  The deer stuck their nose or face between the wires and ate.  I was from only one side.  
Here is a tree basket that they were to eat anyway.  I put two and in case three baskets on top of each other.  I turned them some so the wires of the second one were covering the openings of the first one.
I took all of the hoses off the lawn and began to mow.  I dumped three times.  The above photo is the third load.  I dumped them on one of the old compost piles.
I mowed around the cherry tree in the back yard.  Some of the branches were in the way.  I had to duck under them.  I got some extension cords and and cut them off with my electric chain saw.  I loaded them on to our truck.  I finished the mowing.  There were other tree branches that I cut down the last time I mowed the lawn which was about three weeks ago.  I cut them in to smaller pieces and loaded them on the truck.  
There were some other shrub branches that cut about a month ago.  I loaded them on the truck.  There were a lot of puncture weeds growing there that I dug up and put them on the truck.
I was going to take them to the dump after lunch, changed my mind.  I picked up the dump key at the post office and headed for the dump.  I was able to grab the bottom branches and quickly pulled them off most of the way.  I drove up a little and they fell right off.  I was back in time for lunch.
A little later the cats were waiting for lunch.
I picked a ripe Topaz Melon.  It is in the fridge waiting for breakfast in the morning.  
There another one being protected by a tree basket.  I might pick it tomorrow night.
This afternoon I cut a six foot wide weed barrier into three strips.  I covered the bean plants with it.  I am hoping that it will protect them from the deer.  The above is in the north garden.
This one is on the south garden.  By the way I picked a handful of beans. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment