Followers

Monday, September 14, 2020

Plums and Beans

The deer came into the garden last night.  There were tracks on the west side and none on the east side.  

I picked a nice punch of tomatoes.  Over half of them are large.  Some came from a volunteer which I almost dug up.
We are going to make veggie juice.  Bell peppers are used.  Our bell peppers have been huge.  We also put onions, celery, 
I picked a small bucket of plums.  They are getting ripe and tasting good.  I got out the dryer.  We cut them in half and took out the pit.  We use every shelf except one.  It may take several days to dry them.


Karen Bennett brought us a bunch of beans.  We weren't successful in growing our beans this year or las year.  We planted some late this summer and should have a bunch if it doesn't freeze and if we can keep the deer from eating them
I was pretty shaky on this picture.  Carol is snapping them and putting them in pint bottles. She could do three while I was doing only one.   
It took over and hour to snap them and a couple of hours to cook them in the pressure cooker.  There are two parts to the device that prevent the removal of the lid.  I came apart.  one is in the cooker and the other fell on the stove.  We got them out and put it back together.  That fixed the problem.   We got thirteen pints.
Carol washed the tomatoes.  They are setting on the counter and will be ready for tomorrow.  She also got the onions, celery and peppers ready.  We will get them cooking before we have breakfast.

Late this afternoon I worked on the stand for the radial arm saw.  I made the legs to long.  I cut nearly four inches of each leg and put on a couple of leg braces.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment