Followers

Monday, September 21, 2020

Veggie Juice & Beans

 We started the day making veggie juice.  Carol prepared the tomatoes.  I got the onions, peppers, and carrots, celery in the fridge.  We grew everything except the celery.  Carol cut everything into small pieces.  I ground them into juice.

I was getting some large mouth pint  bottles our of the shed.  I couldn't carry all of them in my hands. I had to make two trips to the house.  I went back to the shed to get a clipboard.  As I left I felt a something wet and cold on the back of my hand.  I turned around here was this cream colored dog.  it spent some time in our neighborhood.  There was no caller around his neck.  
I told him to sit, he sit, but not for long.  I saw him a couple more times this morning and that was it.  I picked some cucumbers and zucchini and took them to the post office.  They were gone except for one small zucchini.
I was getting the last of the juice, and Carol started snapping the beans that we got yesterday.  She snapped all of them  It took most of the morning to process them.  Fifty minutes for the veggie juice and a couple of hours in the pressure cooker.  It had to be cooked until all the air was out of the pot and then cooked for twenty minutes and at least thirty minutes for pressure to go back to normal.  
I took time to screen the kitty litter.  It was pretty stinky by the back yard.
I got a picture of the veggie juice.  I was so busy I forgot the beans.  We had seventeen pints of beans.

I worked some putting the PVC in the cabinet that I built last week.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment