Followers

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Protecting the Bush Bean Plants

 I uncovered the bean plants.  Then I picked one half bucket of tomatoes.  They are for Carol.  She may can them and some others Saturday.  I picked some peppers and cucumbers for Ann Stephenson.

We went to the post office and there were six letters of people requesting the Topaz Melon.  I opened the envelops and filled the enclosed envelop with about twenty five seeds.  One of the people sent me some squash seeds.  I will plant them in the spring.  I mailed them.  By then it was about time for lunch.

Got a picture of the back side of the dahlias.  I pruned the dead flowers and stems. 
While I was picking tomatoes I found this one that had been partially eaten and some seeds had fell on the leaf below.  The last time I picked I saw the same thing.
I worked most of the afternoon making more half circle covers for the bean plants to protected them from the deer.
I made three and placed them over the bean plants.  They didn't cover all of the plants.  I put one on each end and the third one in the middle.  I connected the one in the middle to those on each end with three tie wires.  You might be able to see the wire in the above photo. That seemed to work.  This evening I covered them with a three foot wide black weed barrier.  I used theme clips to help hold them in position.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment