Followers

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Pomegranate Jelly

 After breakfast we went to work in the kitchen.

Yesterday, I picked the pomegranates.  This morning we began removing the seeds.  Mainly, it was Carol who removed ninety nine percent of them.  I removed a tablespoon full of the seeds.  I got out the steamer and put it together.   We put the pomegranates in the steamer and got it a going.

I picked the cucumbers.  There weren't many.  The zucchini was not big enough.  I'll get that tomorrow.
I took it to the post office.   That was all there was.
Carol put the juice, sugar, pectin, and lemon juice. in the kettle.  I stirred and stirred and stirred some more.  It came to a boil and after five minutes Carol put in the bottle.  Six half pints of pomegranate jelly. 

Carol's long time friend in Holden stopped in for a visit just before lunch.  She was the Relief Society President and Carol was one of here councilors.  The later they were visiting teaching partners and then ministering partners.  
I got another tray of dried grapes and pulled off each little stem.  I started outside.  I pulled stems and then checked the water in the garden.  Then pulled more stems.  I continued until the watering was finished
When the watering was finished I moved the dried grapes into the house and finished it here.  four trays total and two done and two more to go.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment