Followers

Monday, January 25, 2021

Funeral

It was 5:16 when I got up.  The light was on in the kitchen.  My first thought was that Carol couldn't sleep so she was up sleeping on the couch.  It was Richard. He was going to Utah county to pay some bills.  I read from Jarom in the Book of Mormon.  I was waiting for Carol to get up.  I watched the news, got things ready for breakfast, and fed the cats.  After breakfast I loaded the garbage into the car.  

I got in the car and turned on the ignition key.  Nothing except the sound of a dead battery.  I lifted up the hood.  The dipstick was laying across the front part of the engine.  I checked the oil a couple of days ago and somehow I was distracted.  I left and when I came back I shut the hood.  I think that I drove to Fillmore and back and drove around town.  My first thought was to call triple A and have them take the car to the garage.  Instead, I hooked up the battery charger and left it on for fifteen minutes.  The car started right up and I headed for the dump.  The check engine light did not come on.
It had snowed a little and all of the dumpster were empty.  But there was a cold north wind.  I put our garbage in them, then drove home.  The graveside service for our neighbor and good friend was at eleven.  We put on our church clothes and drove up to the cemetery. We waited up there for about thirty minutes before the Hurst showed up.  There were a lot of veterans there.
The American flag was properly folded and given to Raymond's wife, Ann.  The services were really good and a little tearful.  I was almost year ago when we were doing the same for our son, Eric.
There was a military solute.  The veterans fired three times.
Another photo at the cemetery.   The sun was shining much of the time and it was a little bit warm.  There was a bench near where we were standing.  There was a woman, last name is Hunter.  They owned the property where we live.   We went home for lunch.  As soon as we got home, Richard walked in the door.

Richard left this evening to help a friend clean-up his storage unit.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!





No comments:

Post a Comment