Followers

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Gift at the Post Office

Started out as a regular day.  We did plan to go to the Provo, Utah last night, but we changed our minds and will go Thursday.  Today was one of the coldest days of the winter and it was cold all day.  The geraniums are doing well.  

It was about 10:30 when I went to the post office.  I went into the post office to get the mail.  There was a big package for us from our good friends, the Masner's.   Rod and his crew were poring concrete for the post office addition.  
As soon as I got home, we opened the package and in it were sausage, cheese, mustard, and chocolate.  Also the was a card with a $20.00 bill tucked inside.  We began to eat.  I needed to do something beside sleep in front of the TV.  Several times over the years, I have wanted to frame some of the pictures that i have.  Many years ago I was taking an art class done by the Jordan School District.  One was a portrait.  I thumbed through some magazines and selected the photo of a man with winter clothing.

I watched You Tube video many times and tried to follow the directions.  I would get part way through and go the the garage and start.  I had an very old weathered fence -picket that I think that I got at the dump.  I cut from the board two two inch pieces about twenty-four inches wide for the sides and two more for the top and bottom.
I used my miter saw to cut the forty-five degree miters and put them together.  They were to long.  I had to make rabbets on the inside edge.  I had the blade up a little over 1/4 inch.  I sawed the inside edge on all of them and then put each piece on its edge and sawed it again.  That removed a small piece of wood.  I the bottom to short.  I then had to cut the top at the same size.  I finally got every thing right.  I clamped the square to the bench.  Then put glue on each mitered edge then glued the four pieces together.  I couldn't clamp the any of it together.  I moved pieces so slightly until I had each corner looking reasonably well.  I resisted the temptation to move it.  By morning the joints should be pretty tight
I filled the bird feeder again.  It's about gone after two days.  I have been filling it every third day.  Richard called from California tonight.  The truck that he and his friend were driving broke down.  It is being towed back to Spanish Fork from California.  It will probably take two days.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment