Followers

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Loading Tractor

 It was a busy day.  The car battery was discharging.  I took it to Deardon Auto to see if they could find where the battery was leaking electricity. 

I drove to Dearden's and took a picture of the clock.  I got there at 9:30.  They took the car right in and when I left it was ten.  They couldn't find why it was leaking electricity.   I got some groceries at the Fillmore Market and then drove home.  On the way home I picked up the mail.  The legs of the stool that I worked on yesterday were pretty solid.  After lunch, brother Paul and his son showed up to get the tractor.  
Bill and I got the air compressor and the extension cords.  He plugged in the compressor and nothing.  I went back to the house and turned one the switch that turned on the Christmas lights.  He began to put air in the tires.  Surprisingly they held air.  The tractor was sort of stuck behind the big tooth maple.  I trimmed off some of the lower branches.  Bill is looking at the tractor to put air in the rear tires.  
Mike, the one who owns the large trailer. is connecting a chain to the tractor.
They pulled it part way out and then backed up the truck and pulled again.  The rear tires would not turn. The left tire slid and the right tire turned backwards.
They got it out to the road.   Bill backed the trailer close to the tractor.  The tractor was pulled completely on the road.
There is an empty spot where the tractor has been setting for years and the drag tracks.
They used a come a long and got the front tires on the ramp.  They pulled some and then stretched out the come a long again.  
At this point the wheels began to turn.  They used a large bumper jack to pull it closer.
Another photo taken further away
Another photo taken further away.
They got in on and were able to push it to the best location on the trailer.  I got on for the above photo.

The tractor was secured from all angles and they drove away.  Bill said that it would probably take two year to get it completely restored.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment