Followers

Friday, November 12, 2021

Cleaning and Sorting Potatoes

Breakfast was as usual.  After the news I went to work on the potatoes.  I was warm in the greenhouses.  I pot all of the potatoes of the potatoes on the two wheeled cart and hauled them to house five.  I worked there most of the morning and again in the early afternoon.

I brought out a chair to sit on.  I wore cotton glove to rub off the dried dirt. There was two different kinds of potatoes.  One was red and the other was a white style.
This bucket was filled to over flowing with the red potatoes.
While working in house three I found this dewalt hand saw.  I haven't seen mine for over a year.  In fact I bought a new ACE Hardware saw last year.
I separated the potatoes according to size.  The big ones on the top crate and medium, and small at the bottom.  I had only three crates which was not enough for all the potatoes.  So built another crate.  I cut all the pieces out of some lathe that I had in the shed.  I used my pin gun and pined them all together.  I copied one of the other crates.  This is the fastest crated that I have ever made.  I had three crates for onions and three crates for potatoes that I made last year.  The new crate is on the bottom in the above photo.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment