Followers

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving Day


Slept in a little this morning.  The night was much colder and the furnace came on several times during the night.  I was up by myself and was able to read from the Book of Mormon.  

Carol and I pealed a lot of potatoes and cut them into small pieces.  Lisa, Eric, Emi, Skyler, and Emily came were up one at a time and had some cereal.  I had a bowl of oatmeal mush sweetened with honey.  I didn't have an egg this morning.   

I have a pair of overalls that are worn out and look like hole-y pants that are in fashion with girls and women today.

Emi wearing my old overalls.
Emily wearing my hole-y overalls.  I am going to have a contest on Face Book to see who I will give the clothes to.  Will it be Emi or will it be Emiley.

The table was set for seven and the dinner was served buffet style.

Several months ago, I cut off at the ground one tomato plant and hung.  It had several green tomatoes that have since ripened.  I picked two of them.  Carol sliced them for dinner.   We used paper plates that Lisa provided.  We didn't have to wash them.  We filled our plates and then went to the table in the other room.  
Lisa and Eric on one side of the table. 
Emily and Skyler and Emi were on the other side of the table.  I was at the head of the table and Carol was on the opposite end across from me.  A little after dinner we played a game.  The players would describe something with one word.  Everyone would guess who or what it was.  I didn't do very well on that game.   Eric made three pies.  We ate one.  The pies were really good.  We put leftover food in containers and put them in the fridge.  It was a little after three when they went home.  There was a little meet left on the turkey bones.  Carol pulled it off and fed it to the cats. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment