Followers

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Broken Pipe


After the news and after breakfast, we drove to Fillmore.  We stopped at the Service Drug store for Carol's medication.  They didn't have enough pills.  The druggist gave a couple pills and would have the rest of them tomorrow afternoon.  We then stopped at the Fillmore Market for some groceries.  We then came home.  I then watered the geraniums in house five.  Again, they are doing well.  The LED lights turn on and turn off when it starts to get light.  

We watch the TV show, called the Waltons.  After lunch we watched some of the news and shows about three judges.  It was nearly four when I fed the cats.  I then went back to the greenhouse.  A water pipe in house two next to the south door, froze and broke.  A lot of water was running in house two.  I got some tools and drove up to main street where the water meter was located.  I didn't have a wrench that would fit the lock on the meter cover.  I used a pipe wrench and after much effort I was able to remove the cover.  I then shut off water.  I should have taken a few pictures. 

Back at house two, I cut off the pipe just a little above the ground level.

It took a while to cut it off.  I looked all over for a one-inch PVC cap to plug the pipe.  In house three I found just what I needed.  I scraped off the hard water marks.  There was primer and glue in the garage.  I primed it and applied the glue and then pushed the cap into place.  Two hours later, I turned the water back on.  The pipe was fixed.  I filled the nursery can full of leaves and taped the leaves in place.  I put it upside down over stub.  That should keep the pipe from freezing again.

There was a message on Face Book about April and her family.  The all have covid.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment