Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Surprise This Morning

When I opened the back door and fed the cats, I was surprised to see about an inch of snow on top of the garage.  As it got lighter, it was still snowing.  After breakfast, I began to push of the snow.  I measured a little more than two inches of snow,

My back was against the garage door when I took this photo of the driveway.  It shows the driveway and the house across the road.  The town has plowed the streets.
The same photo direction, but shows the driveway cleared of snow.  I did the sidewalk and the steps by the front door.  By evening, the roads were completely dry.  They plowed but snow covered when I went to the post office.  Salt was spread on main street and was pretty slushy.
I quickly made a path from the back door to house five.  Most of the snow in the path had melted by the end of the day.
The tomato seeds that I planted in house five are doing nothing.  I emptied the seed package and put the seeds on a wet paper towel and inserted them into a zip bag, and put them on top of the fridge to watch them germinate.  There were thirty seeds in the package.  As soon as they germinate, I will plant them in six packs.
I label it as Jan. 18, but it should be Jan. 25.
We had much success with Celebrity tomatoes last year, and hope for the same next year.
Several potatoes are coming up now.  I put the pruners by the potato stems so I could see them. They are still not big enough to see.
I found this tee post driver in house three.  I haven't seen it for several years. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment