Followers

Friday, January 28, 2022

Payson Temple

 

We had our regular breakfast.  As soon as it was over I put on my suit, which yesterday I picked it up at the cleaners.  I got my temple clothes ready.  Carol got ready.  It was a little after eight when we drove out of town.  We stopped at the post office to mail a letter.  The lady at the post office was outside putting the flag out for the day.  She took our letter and went into the post office.

We went streight to the temple.  There was a handicapped parking spot right in front of the temple.  We parked there.  Carol took my left arm as we walked to the door.  We put on our masks and went to the recommend desk.  There was a couple in front of us.  

there was a sister on at a recommend desk.  She motioned us in her direction.  We showed her our recommends and entered the temple.  This is the first time in my years of temple attendance that a sister could accept a recommend.  Carol and I parted to the dressing rooms.  I went to the elevator to go up to the chapel.  The elevator door opened.  I went in and pushed the up button.  I saw Carol as she approached the elevator.  I pushed a couple of buttons to stop it.  She walked into the elevator, and we went up to the next level.  We set near the back of the chapel.  There were only a few patrons there.  We waited nearly thirty minutes for the session to start.  When it started, the was nearly thirty patrons.  When we left the celestial room, there was a sister near the exit, whom I recognized.  Myrna Stanworth, she was a high school classmate.  The last time I saw was in the Manti Utah temple last year.  

After the session we put on our street clothes and met again in the waiting area.

We drove around trying to find a road where there was a light.  We found it and went to Wendys.

were we got a couple of hamburgers, two orders of fries and a diet Pepsi.   We ate them while we drove home.

We had been home for quite a while.  I went for a walk.  I went north on 100 west and stopped in front of Mike Blazzard's big shop.  He was working in it.  He explained a few things about it.  I continued north and then turned east and walked past Nixon's old barn and then his new shop.
Above is a photo I took of the old barn.  Inside were some old equipment.  I then walked the rest of the way home.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment