Followers

Monday, October 3, 2022

Digging/Planting Honey suckle

I was up early this morning.  I showered, shaved, and read the next chapter from the Book of Mormon.  After breakfast, I went out to the garden.

The first thing I saw was deer tracks in the peas.  They/it didn't eat anything. 
I picked seven or eight Topaz melons. Only five were good enough to take to the post office.  I also picked a large zucchini that I took to the post office.  There were three cases of Nestquick packages.  I took four bottles of them home.  Carol didn't like the taste of them. We thought that they may be spoiled some.
This was how the west end of greenhouse five after I removed the weeds.  Some were really big.
I made a big pile of them outside of greenhouse five.
I then put two concrete blocks on the to hold them down when during the blowing of the wind.
Alisha wanted some honey suckle along the south side of her yard.  I dug one up and soaked it in water and put it in a plastic shopping bag. She and her friend Mike came to help me dig.  There was a lot of them on a small hill in the east lawn.  I found them.   Mike cut of the branches and then dug them up.  We dug up a lot of them and took them to Alisha's house.  We dug holes along the fence.  Alisha filled the holes with water.
Mike followed and put a plant in the hole and back filled the hole with soil.  We had enough plants left over that we dug holes between the original holes.  That took quite a while.
The above photo shows what we did when finished.  We dug a hole between the each post, and then came back and dug a hole in front of each post.

I cut a small watermelon in half and fed it to the chickens.  They really like them.  Carol cut some large cucumbers in half, and I fed them to the chickens.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment