Followers

Monday, October 10, 2022

Nearly Finished

Every morning it is a little darker when I get up.  That is daylight is shorter and darkness is longer.  After breakfast I began working again on the watering tunnel for the chickens.  There are two sides and a top.

This shows the two sides.  I started to build the top the same as the sides.  I soon discovered that the top is just one piece of plywood.   I took it apart.  I rested the side on what I would call the footing, it was way too high.  The obvious answer was to put soil to build it up.   Took the sides outside to make adjustments.  My tools and saws are by the patio.  I took them back and forth.
The easy answer was to cut out a piece on the bottom corner, which lowered the sides.  The above photo shows the cut out.
I picked two Topaz melons.  I cleaned the seeds out of the one on the right.  The one on the left set on the kitchen counter most of the day.  It was a little soft on the blossom end which attracted the fruit flies.  I took it outside this evening.   
I picked a nice bunch of burpless cucumbers.  Three were hanging like a cluster of grapes.  I gave them to Anne, our neighbor to the west.  Carol peeled a small one for me.  She made a small bowel full of cucumber sticks.  I dipped them into Ranch dressing before eating them, I gathered two chicken eggs this afternoon.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment