Followers

Sunday, October 23, 2022

First Snow

I was up early and started the slow cooker.  I sprayed the inside of the cooker with pam which made it much easier to clean.  It was hard to remove the lid of the can of broth. I did it twice with the electric can opener.  I put in the roast and gave it good dose of salt and pepper.  I was about an hour late getting up and getting it started.  I then went back to bed.  I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up.  I read the elders quorum lesson.  Carol got up.  I fed the cats and started cooking my old fashion oatmeal mush.  I then prepared breakfast.  It snowed most of the night and some this morning.

This is a photo of the dawn redwood tree.  The weight of the snow bent the branches to the ground.
This is a photo of the netting covering the chicken run.  The weight of the snow pulled the north side to the ground.  I got some scissors and cut the netting off the hen house.
I pulled the netting to the east side of the chicken run. 
The weight of the snow pulled the branches off the dawn redwood to the ground. I got a long piece of wood and shook the branches.  I got off most of the snow.  I was able to drive under the branches.
Most of the dahlias are smashed to the ground.
Winter wonderland this morning.  I was standing on the road when I snapped this picture.
The TV wouldn't work because of the snow. 
The east lawn looking to the north.
Looking up to the sky through the trees.
Picked these red beats covered with snow.
I cut off the tops and roots and thoroughly washed them.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment