Followers

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Storing Dahlias

It was early when I showered, read from the Book of Mormon and posted to Face Book.  Carol showered while I prepared breakfast.  After breakfast I watched my two wood working shows on channel seven.  

After that I carved the pumpkin.  I cut around the stem and remove the piece that made the lid.  The seeds and all that was inside of the pumpkin were really slippery. I tried to make a scary face.  It looks a little scarry.

I took a lot of things to the dumpster.  Which included the house garbage, three bags of aluminum cat food cans, the black garbage bag of tomato plants, and a few other things.
The above photo is of the bag of tomato plants.
I dug up all of the dahlia plants.  I put most of them in a large nursery can.  The rest I put on a cart and wheeled them into house five.  I turned the water on all the way.  I put all of them on the floor and begin spraying them with the hose, trying to wash away all of the dirt.  I turned them upside down to get at their roots.  I put all of them in the nursery can and took them back to garage. 
They are all in the nursery can in the garage except for one which is a pretty purple one.
All of the dahlia stems are on the new compost pile.
The dahlia bed is pretty much ready for winter and next spring when I will plant the dahlias back into the dahlia bed.  Later Carol and I went for a ride around town.  We had a light supper and finished off the day by watching TV.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment