Followers

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Potatoes Dug

I woke up several times during the night to go to the bathroom.  The last time I woke up was 5:00.  I began thinking about draining all of the water pipes.  I couldn't go back to sleep.  I got up at 5:15, showered and shaved.  I read the next chapter in the Book of Mormon.  I posted it on Face Book.  I watched a couple of church videos on You Tube about the same chapters that I read in the Book of Mormon.  I fed the cats and then prepared breakfast.  We watched the morning news.

I watered the potato plants yesterday.  This morning I dug the potatoes.  I was much easier to dig because the ground was soft.  I put the first variety/row in the above bucket.

The next row had a different variety.  They were quite red.  They were in a different bucket.  There were some large potatoes, But most were smaller.

I picked this Topaz melon yesterday and filled this bowl with cold ripe melon pieces;
There were some wild sunflowers growing in the dry garden north of the house next to the road.  I found my loppers and cut them down.  The loppers were in the truck.  I put the sunflowers on the large compost pile.
I put the patio furniture cushions under the house in the crawl space.  There were five large nursery cans of old flower roots.  They were in the way.  I don't remember the name of the plants.  They were planted in the year that we moved here and dug up to be planted the following year.  They didn't get planted.  I dumped them in the garden. 
These cushions are on a clean piece of sheet metal.
There was five of the large nursery cans that contained them.
There was a large nursery can full of black walnuts.  I scattered them south of the raspberries.
I washed some of the potatoes for the kitchen.  That is about it for the rest of the day.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment