Followers

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Stored Dahlias

I was up at 5:15 this morning and took my antibiotic pill.  I then went back to bed. I got up later, showered, and shaved. After breakfast, I watched two channel seven woodworking shows.  After the show, I started to put the dahlia tubers in storage for the winter, I got two nursery cans. I put the tubers in one large nursery.  The tubers were stacked on top of each other.

I put five or six in this can and covered them with recycled potting soil. I had to shake them to make sure that the soil cover all of the roots.
I used soil in root control bags.  They are pictured in the above photo.
The two smaller nursery tubs contain most of the dahlia tubers.  The smaller nursery can contain the tubers of a purple dahlia.  It was so pretty that I hope to divide for next year.
Lunch was left over spaghetti from yesterday covered with shredded cheese. I cut the spaghetti into smaller pieces; I was able to eat it without my teeth.
I placed some newspapers to catch any dripping oil

Tonight, I drove to Fillmore and bought two Mexican dinners.  I had to wait quite a while, while the cooks were getting them ready.  Carol and I had supper when we got home. 

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment