Followers

Monday, March 23, 2020

Rain and Garden

Monday morning is wash day.   After breakfast, washing the sheets, and making the beds we began to sort photos again.  There has been a light rain most of the morning.
We did three photo books before lunch and three more after lunch.  Some of the kids envelops were full.  We started new envelops.  They are all laid out on the coffee table.  The photo of the person or family is placed on the envelops.
The warmer weather has caused some of the pea seeds to begin to show their heads through the cold soil.
The plants in these large pots have died during the winter.  I dumped them in the sweet potato bed.
Wade Lemon, our neighbor to the north, wanted some native plants to plant in Ferrin, Utah.  I talked to him for some time.  I then walked out to see if I had any.  I found some golden current plants in several areas of the yard.  Most of the were in #5 nursery pot.  He came over to take a look.  He probable get them when he is ready.
Some of the dead trees that were cut down last year we cut into pieces.  I took one into the garage to split it.
After splitting it I tried to smooth it up and make something out of it.
I found some 2x12 about ten feet long.  I am making another raised beed.  I had another board that was sixty-four inches long.  I cut it in half for the ends.  I drilled holes in the ends of the side pieces and had plant to nail them together, the holes were to close to the ends.  I used a block keep it square and hold the boards on their edges.  I had to make new holes.  I drove screws to hold everything together.
Here is the finished frame.  I will level it some and fill it with recycled potting soil.  I have lots of pots where the plants have died.  I can empty these in this raised bed.
I found two photos of the black van that we had to carry our plants.  I rolled it over seven or eight years ago and it was toed to Cove Fort.  I went back to get my trailer and get personal things out of the van.

Fremont Poplar Populus fremontii, is found in the Capital Reef State Park.  Miles and Nyleen Batty, and Merrill is standing in front of the tree.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment