Followers

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Earthquakes

At 7:07 there was a earthquake with Magna, Utah at the epicenter.  It was a 5.7 magnitude.  Carol was getting dressed and I was watching TV and there was breaking news.  And for the next five hours the only news on TV was the reporting of the earthquake on the four salt lake stations.  We didn't watch all of it.
I finished the saw horses today.  All I needed for the above horse is to put on the feet.  It was pretty simple.  I turned it up side down and cut two 2x4's about five inches long.   Then, I screwed them into the legs.  I used a piece that I had cut earlier for the back leg.  A comment about the leg on the right.  I should have put the leg on the right side of the rail.    If I did it that way, the legs would close tight.

I made some soup using the pressure cooker.

This afternoon I did a lot of cleaning.  I found tools that I haven't seen for a long time.  There were a couple of hammers hiding in the bottom of the pile.  I found a whole bunch of C-clamps.  Some were in the truck behind the seat.
I took the above box for the clamps.  I was going to mount it under the radial arm saw extension.  The small tote is on top of a 1/4 inch plywood.  I glued some rails over the lip of the tote.  I did it on both sides to allow room for the tote to slide.  After supper I came back.  I turned it upside down and drove screws through the plywood into the rails.
 

Here it is.  It is full of the clamps.  I can slide it back wo it is out of the way. 
The caps were messed up with hard glue.  I took them to the house and soaked them in hot water.  I worked on them quite awhile.  the one on the right has been gummed up for years.  


Comments and questions are welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment