Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Remodel or Redesign

It was nearly two this afternoon when we got home from the Manti Utah temple.  Soon after that I took the stool that I made a last week and begin to take it apart.
This stool is very uncomfortable.  I took it apart. Last week I screwed in the screws, which I thought were very tight.  The screws are loose and I could easily twist the legs and stretchers.   It was easy to build but would probably fall apart after a couple of weeks sitting on it.

The legs were about 21 inches long.  I cut it down to about 17 inches long.  
I then drilled holes about six inches from the bottom of the seat. I drilled on one side of the leg and rolled the legs one turn and drilled a hole about a half inch lower than the older hole.  I counter sank each hole from the drilled side
I glued and screwed everything together.  I shortened the leg to much.  I am thinking about put a pad on top.


A side by side comparison;

Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment