Followers

Friday, March 6, 2020

Hoops and Truck

This morning we drove to Provo.  We left at 8:30 and made it back home a little before one.  Be bought things at Wal Mart in Payson and Sam's Club in Provo.  We then drove to Orem and had a good visit with Carol's brother, Gary Peay.  He seems to be feeling better than the last time we were there over a month ago.  We stopped a Wendy's in Payson.  We got two chicken sandwiches and one a large cup of lemonade.

I watched a little TV, checked Face Book, and had a few snacks.  I went out to the garden to straighten the hog panels.  Using a few concrete blocks in the right place, I was able to straighten the first of three panels.  I found two 2x6 pieces of treated wood.  The length of the 2x6 was the as the width of the hog panels.
I used screws on each end to hold the panel in place.  I then put a more screw  along the length of the 2x6.
This is a photo of the second panel.  I cut off the panel a half inch strip of wood and attached it to the 2x6 with screws every eight inches.
Then the hard part.  The above photo shows the panel on its edge with the two 2x6's on each end.  I pulled both ends together with twine and held them together with more twine.
One of the pieces broke so made small piece to finish it.
I tried to start the truck, but the battery was pretty much dead.  I put the charger on it and came back to it after dark.  The truck started right up.  I put the charger away and backed up the track in a different location in the driveway.  
I got one hoop into place.  I drove some steel pipes into the ground.   One on each side  to hold the hoop sides in place.
On the second panel I used a screw and washer to hold the panel in place.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment