Followers

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

What's Wrong?-Another Stool

I didn't plan on another stool today, but Duston Smith, one of the hemp workers, whole quite tall, has a difficult time sitting one of the short stool that are in the greenhouses.  I decided to make a higher stool.
I walked out to the garden where the hoops were placed.  We grew pole beans for two years.  The first year there were lots of beans.  Last year there were only a few.    The snow storm that we had a week ago Sunday  collapsed because of the weight of snow.   I tried to straighten it up, but the stiff cattle and hog panels were way to stiff for me to lift it.  I used a few board to block it up but I couldn't lift it.
I went to work building the stool.  I ripped the legs from two inch boards.  I used my thickness plainer to make the skirt or spacer.  The thickness of the skirt would match the thickness of the legs. This is the first time that I used my plainer for several years.   I built this stool in the same manner as the stool I made last week.  took me a little over an hour to build it.   The top was made out of two pieces of half inch plywood with a space between making it easy pick up with one hand.  I put feet on the two legs to prevent the legs from sinking into the moist ground.
The pomegranate was in house six.  Someone moved it to the back of house five making it easier for me to keep it watered.   It should have small fruits by now.
Back  to the hoop house.  There are about six panels.  I started to straighten the panels one at a time.
I pulled  two to the west end of the garden.  
The other panels I pulled these a little to the south.  When I get some help I will put the back up.
I dug up all of the carrots.  The filled the bucket.  I filled the bucket with water and then washed them with a large scrubbing brush.
 Here is the bucket full of carrots that have been washed.  I took them in the house and rinsed them.  i put them back in the buckets and covered them with a large wet bath towel.  Now, they are in the fridge in the garage.  There are more than what we can eat.  Most likely we will give some of them away.

Before the week is up I am going to plant more carrots for an early summer crop.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment