Followers

Friday, March 20, 2020

Getting Ready for Planting tomatoes

I made a few adjustments of the our will and printed it.   After that I began to move the tree baskets to the north side of the garden.  All of the gardens are west of the garage.  I call them far south, south, north, and far north.  All we have this year is the far north garden, which is now called the garden.
The is the where most of the tomato plants will be places.  The tree baskets were all over last years garden area.  there are sixty-three baskets.  The baskets stack and I would pick up two stacks of three.  Three basket in each hand.  I would carry the to the tomato garden and then go back for six more.

I use a seven foot conduit to hold the basket in the right position.  I will explain that in a later blog.   Some of the conduits were leaning against the garage.  Other stuck in the ground.  I even fount two east of the house by the tractor.  I gathered them up and stuck one in each three baskets.

I have been cleaning in the garage all week.  I made some progress today. There was an outlet in the south west corner of the garage which on had to prongs.  My large sander had three prongs as does most of the electric tools.  I could have used an adapter by that might compromise the safety of the opperator.
I turned of the power and tested it with my orbit sander.  It was off.  I removed the face plate and removed the wires from the receptible.   I replaced it.  The wire gage was low than needed.  I finally got it fixed and put it back in.  It was up side down.  I thought that I would leave it that way, but it looks so much out of place.  I took it off and messed around with it for some time and then put it back in.  I plugged in the sander and turned the power on and then turned on the sander.  It works.  I used an extension cord to run several power tools.  Now, the sander is all ways ready.
Carol asked me to rake away all of the leaves between the house and the garage north of the back porch.   I worked there for a half hour.
The guys have been clearing the fallen trees south of house six in preparation of planting hemp.  I got this picture to show what they have done.  
I made a shelf for these two small totes.  The one on the right contains electrical parts, hinges, and floral wire.  the tote on the left contains plumbing parts.

My two brothers, Paul and Ray, called me.  I had a good visit with them.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment