Followers

Monday, March 30, 2020

Patio is Much Improved.

I planned on building a small bench today using pin nails and glue.  I even dreamed about it.  I quickly changed my mind. Over the last six months I have been putting various pieces of lumber on the patio.  There were a lot of sixteen foot 2x4's and another bunch of four foot 2x4's and a few shorter ones.
Carol started this puzzle yesterday and finished it this morning.  She has finished a thousand piece jig saw puzzle in a day.
I caught, Shadow our cat, on a branch of the Red Bud tree.  I think he was waiting for a bird to land nearby.
The patio has been covered with wood all winter long.  I took the sixteen foot 2x4's to the shed.  I stacked them on the west side of the shed.
 I loaded the shorter pieces on the cart and put a piece of the snow fence on top of it.  I couldn't decide where to put these for some time.  I could put them by the shed and the other place would be north of our garden.  I finally decided to put them near the sweet potato raised bed.
I put the plywood down and then stacked the rest of the wood on top of it.  The four foot 2x4's are on the far side and the shorter pieces are in front.  They are handy to the garage where I can use the for building projects.
 I planted two different corn verities.  Early Sun Grow, an early verity, and Jubilee, a later verity.  One 1206 of each one.
The Red Beets that I planted early last week are beginning to germinate.
Such nice weather prompted me to let the two hens out where they may find some green stuff to eat.
In the afternoon I started the stool using glue and pin nails.  I used three eight foot weathered 1x2's.  The above photo shows how I glued and pinned them together.
This photo shows how the rails and legs were fastened together.
The rails were built with two 1x2's glued on top of each other.   Tomorrow I will built the seat.  But tomorrow may bring something else to the front.

As I have been looking at the stool, I think that it would be easier to build if I made the rails first and the put the on the legs.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment