Followers

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Hoop Progress

After a good day at the Manti Utah temple.  We left early this morning and were home a little after one.  I could hear the tractor running.  I walked out and got a picture.  
Jim Burns has been working on it.  He took off the tires.  They were in bad shape.  Wouldn't hold any air.  He has some ordered.  They are over to Steve's Tires.
Jim and Jessen made some repair.  The front axel on the right side contained a key that was stripped.  The wheel had no power.  They fixed it.  I found a new nut; Jim found a washer.
I began work on the hoops.  I put the above seriously bent hoop up yesterday.  To take out some of the wrong bends, put a 2x6 piece of wood on the inside and another one on the outside to cover the bend.  I then clamped the two together and tightened them.  I worked somewhat, but when the clamps are taken off, the bend may spring back.
Another photo from a different angle.
I put the other two up.  It really went much better.
There are five hoops.  I put up the last two today.
The two I put up today are cow panels. I put the two together and joined them with bailing wire.  You can see the gap between by looking at the 2x6 gap at the ground.
Here is another photo.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment