Followers

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Tiller, Hoop, & Mower

I started work in the garden this morning.  I was going to remove the weed barrier in the north east corner of the garden.  There is a large pine tree in the corner.  Well, I wanted to prune the lower branches.  Last fall while cutting a tree stump growing close to the ground I hit something like a rock or a nail which dulled the chain.
I took it into the garage where I removed the dull chain.  I had an extra chain that was sharpened a couple of years ago.  I put on the saw the sharpened chain.  The chain saw gas container was empty.  I made a new mix.  I primed the engine and after a few pulls on the crank rope it started up.  A minute later it was running like new.
I cut off all the branches that I could reach.  I moved around the tree cutting branches as I went.
The branches of this tree that reached out over the corner of the garden.  I parked the truck nearby and loaded all the trees on the truck.  I then took to the dump.

I pulled up all of the spikes that were holding the weed barrier the north east corner of the of the garden.
 I remove the weed barrier.
 I pulled up the corner and this hammer was laying there,  It has been there for two or three years.  I can't even remember it.
I folded up the weed barrier..
Then I rolled it up and tied it.
There is a four foot strip of weed barrier that stretched from the west end of the garden to the east.  I folded part of it under and re-stretched it and nailed it down with the spikes.
I wanted to mow the lawn.  There is not much grass, but a lot of leaves.  This is my first baskets full of leaves.  I dumped them on the compost row.
I blew off all the leaves on snail hill.
I raked the leaves an put them on the tarp.  I had two tarp loads.

Last year I made a pair of stacking saw horses.  I didn't like them.  They were heavy and awkward.
I took it into the garage and took it apart.  I removed all of the screws and ended up with seven 2x4's about three feet long.  I am going to use these parts to make an other pair of saw hoses which will be easier to handle and to store.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment