Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peas & Carrots

We were at the Manti Utah temple this morning as patrons.   It was nearly one when we got home.  I watched a little TV then went out to the garden;  I dug up all of the carrots yesterday.  I planted more carrots in the same bed as the carrots last year.

I looked all over for the rake.  I found it in house five.  I smoothed the raised bed.
I planted the seeds directly out of the package.  That went pretty good.  Then with the broom rake, I raked again that would cover some of the seeds with soil.
I got the square nosed shovel to pat the soil against the seeds.  I quickly built a tool.  It was easy to pat the soil against the seeds.  It has been my experience that seeds germination is improved if the is firm around the seeds.
Here it is finished.
The peas that I planted last October did not do well.  A few germinated.  The rest rotted or were covered with to much soil.   I took a stirrup hoe and tilled the row several times.
I pulled the soil from the bottom of the row with a hoe and the with a rake.  I used a pointed row hoe and made the row a little deeper.
I planted the Green Arrow seeds quite thick.  I then would plant some and cover them before I moved up the row to plant some more.  I did all of this on my hands and knees.  Then I started to pat down the soil as I moved up the row,  
I then wen back and finished patting down the soil.
Here it all finished.  Waiting for some rain or snow to give it a good watering.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment