Followers

Monday, March 9, 2020

Bad Bent Panel

I started a seed order for the spring plant.  I didn't have any of the summer squash seeds.  I had some in the shed.  I searched all over the shed for those seeds.  I may have thrown them away last spring.  Jim was putting old pots from the pad in the south east corner of our place in a trailer.  He told me that he took off the tires of the tractor and ordered new ones.
I pulled up all of the pipes in house one.  And took them to the garden. 
This is the third hog panel that I will add it to the other two panels of the hoop garden.  There is a bad bend in it.  The bend shows in the above photo.  Also, the four pieces of wood to put on each end of the panel.
I tried several ways of straightening panel.  Blocks were place on each side and pipe under the panel.  I stepped on it jumped on it. Nothing worked.
I put the blocks on their ends.  I also put a lot of weight one end.  I stepped and jumped on it.  That didn't work either.
I gave up on straightening it and put it up anyway.  I laid a block on the outside edge and with the yellow strap I was able to pull the bottoms together into the right place.
I used another strap to straighten the south side,
I began to wire the panel to the existing panels.
I used clamps to pull the edges together.  I then wired it together.  The orange clamp did not work to well.
I got another one.  There is a board on the inside.  To of them didn't work either.  But gave me a good idea for tomorrow afternoon.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment