Followers

Monday, March 16, 2020

Carol & the Doctor

We found a lot of large ants on the counter to the right of the sink.  Also, there were some in the sink, and I even felt one crawling on my neck.  Of course I killed it.  Carol cleaned the counter.
After breakfast I removed everything out of the appliance garage.  I scrubbed it down with a water/Clorox mix. The Clorox destroys the scent trail and any other path back to the kitchen.  Carol had an appointment with Dr. Gross.  We were there at nine and we didn't leave until eleven.  Most of the time were waiting for the doctor.   We came home and had lunch.  After lunch I worked out in the garden.
It has been hard to water some of the rhubarb.  I dug a ditch or trench around the plants.  I can turn on the water and run it down the row.
I nailed down the weed barrier with large nails to keep the wind from blowing it.    I then got to extensions cords and the blower.  I blew most of the dirt off the weed barrier.
I found some daffodils on snail hill.  I cut some for a bouquet for the kitchen.
I got several shovels and dug up the weeds on the north side of the north garden.  
I prepared a place for a trellis for cucumbers.  They will be planted every sixteen feet.  That gives them room to grow eight feet in each direction.
There is a rose bush that has been in the way for years.  I have cut it down several times.  Today I dug it up.  I had to get a heavy shovel to cut through the roots.
I took it into the garage and sharpened it with a file.  
Here it is dug out

At nine this evening Carol found three more on the right side of the sink.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment