Followers

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Weeding


I walked along the row of Green Arrow peas.  I found a bloom.  There should be more to come.  They are pretty thick, and I water them every other day. 
Yesterday I noticed some large yellow mustard plants.   This morning while most of it was in the shade I started cutting out all the weeds.  There are about three rows of weeds with other weeds close by.

I dug and cut them and then raked them into two rows.  I use a pitch fork and a broom rake.

I piled the weeds on a square piece of burlap.  I put the yellow mustard weeds on the burlap.  I wanted to get them out of the garden.  When the seed pods dry, they break apart and scatter seeds all over.  I put them in a weed pile north of the north garden. 

Here is how it looked when I finished this afternoon.  On the right side of the photo an asparagus plant is growing.

While I was cutting weeds, I had a sprinkler running where the strawberry plants were growing last year.
A couple of bush beans are coming up in the bell of straw.  This morning there was a cluster of mushroom poking up. 
A couple of weeks ago I found this small Elder Berry plant.  It looked really dry.  I built a small dike around it and filled it with water two different times.  Still not looking healthy.
There is a lot of rhubarb in the garden now.  I cut these stems and pulled
these radishes.  The radishes are not that large. 
 Shane and his crew removed all of the weed barrier in house four.  I thought that they were going to throw it away.  I pulled onto the lawn.
I laid it flat on the lawn and put it upside down to remove all of the soil.  I then folded each one up.
I used rusty steel pipes to hold it in place while I folded them up.  It worked really well.
I tied each into a bundle.
 and took them out to the shed.  The shed is to full so I piled them up against the east wall of the shel
Shane had some hemp friends that visited for a while.  The guys are planting the hemp plants on the north side of house four.

The plants are on the north side of house four

The drip lines are down for house two.  The small plants are planted between the pair of drip lines.
 House one has been tilled and it is ready for the installing of the drip lions.
r. 




Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment