Followers

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The three P's Plan, Prepare, and Plant

Breakfast and a little bit of news, then out to the garden. 
We put six more geraniums in the kidney north of the house.
I stared tilling new areas for planting.  The tiller tines were wrapped up with strings, weeds, and other junk.  I used a saw to pull out the stuff. 
Here it is all cleaned up.  I can dig a little deeper.
This is how the new spot looked yesterday.

This is how it looks before we did any planting.  I went up and back with the tiller numerous times with the tines going about and inch.   I raked of all the weeds and put them on the large compost pile north of the new beds.  Next, I made two planting rows with the tiller.  One on each side.

One the left side we planted Hales Best cantaloupe and on the right side we planted watermelons.
To help make a straight row with out following the string; I drew a line in the ground next to the string.  The string was removed and I followed the line with the tiller.
We planted three rows of cucumbers.  On the far right I made a double row where we planted two rows of sweet corn. 
Pictures of Burpless cucumbers.  They were pretty wilted when we put them in the ground.  After watering they began to look better.
More cucumbers.  I hope to train them to follow a trellis. 
I used a sprinkler where we planted the two sweet corn verities.
Carol was digging weed buy the west fence while I did the tilling.  She wanted me to finish digging the weeds.  I did that before supper.

Later this afternoon I built a pipe line to help this irrigating the lawn.  It ends at the step at the left and begins at the right under the Red Bud tree. 
Another pipe will hook to the ell and go around the step to water the other side of the sidewalk.
A tee is every four feet.  The cap removed to allow the water run on the lawn.  When it is finished the cap is put back on.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment