Followers

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Clean-up & Prepared for Frost

A little bit of news and I went out side to put all of the irrigation pipes away.
The poly on house six was remove yesterday.   It was unhooked on the north side and pulled off and down on the south side.
The pipes are stored west of the hen house just off the edge of the lawn.
These long pipes are stored in the orchard.
The poly is removed from house four.   All of the plants have been harvested.
I got a pretty good photo of the amaryllis that is in the kitchen.
Yesterday, Lisa was here and gave us a bunch of stuff which included two bags of Dahlia bulbs.   We spent most of the morning planting them west of the driveway.
 This is how it looked before we started.
 I don't know why I took this picture.  We did consider planting dahlias in the kidney.  On the left is the pomegranate.
Most of the dahlia bulbs were of poor quality.  Stems were long and some bulbs were nearly ready to fall off.
Here we are finished and have the water running in the drip line.  We dug away most of the phlox.
One more fall baring raspberry plants.  It is much smaller than the one dug yesterday.  I dug this one up much faster.
I made the hole next to the other raspberry plant.  I brought this one on the shovel.
The hole wasn't large enough so I dug it deeper.
I put it in the hole.  Some of the soil broke away from the root  ball.  I quickly watered it.  It looks like it will be okay.
Our Russian Sage is full of mostly dead stems.  I cut them all out and hope that will begin to come up with new stems.
We are expecting freezing temperatures early in the morning.  I pulled up the stakes the held the guy wires and laid down the pomegranate bush.  I then covered it with two blankets.  It is loaded with pomegranates and blossoms.

Andy and Dusty Bray were riding their bikes.  They stopped and had a nice visit.  He wants some large trees at his shop at McCormick.

I planted two grape vines that were in the garage all winter.  I planted them at the west end of the grape row.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment