Followers

Friday, May 1, 2020

May Day, What?

Every Friday we have been going to Fillmore Market in Fillmore.  We buy groceries to last a week and somethings may last for two weeks.  We get there as soon as it opens at eight when there is not many shoppers.  Today was no different.  When we got home I finished my reading of the Book of Mormon.
The Topaz melons are coming along nicely.  When I looked at them tonight they are still doing well.
I filled the sprayer up with this Round-up type and sprayed more weeds in the area of the grape plants.
 I was spraying in back of the shed and sprayed this Elder Berry plants.  I didn't see it until I sprayed it.  I hurried to the patio and remove the back-pack sprayer.  I got my green watering can and washed off the weed killer.  I then hoed up all of the weeds.
This is one of the older back-pack sprayer that I have.  I put some water in it to see if it would work.  I did get it to sprays some, but it was hard to pump and a very little spray of water come from the nasal.  I watched some You Tube videos to see if I could repair it.  There wasn't anything.  I put it in the truck to take it to the dump.
I found the tub of Gambel Oak trees.  They were leafing out.  I thought that they had died.  I could have transplanted them into individual pots if I found them they leafed out.
The other melons are germinating.
 The Crook-neck squash haven't germinate yet.
I drove in this pipe several years ago to hold up an elder-berry shrub.  It died.  I dug around the pipe and let some water run in the hole.  I was able to push it back and forth and I pulled it up.
This is a bag of rabbit pellets.  I heard of read the alfalfa pellets made good fertilize.  I tried it out.  Will have to wait till mid summer to see if it works.
I dug holes for three Big Beef tomato plants.  I put two handfuls of pellets in each hole.
The wire basket is covered with a piece of burlap.  They were prepared last year.  I went looking for baskets and found these.
The small basket shade the Big Beef tomato plants.
I found a hose that I don't think I have used for ears.  It was dirty and part of the hose was buried in some dirt.  I pulled it out and straightened it out.  The gasket was missing on the female end.  I found one in the garage.  It was hard to put in like most of them are.  I was able to get it in and started screw it to the facet;  I had to get a pair of plyers to screw it on tight.  I turned on the water to clean out the hose.
I let the water run for over an hour on the peonies.


 
Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment