Followers

Friday, May 8, 2020

Friday Trip to the Market

We drove to Fillmore for some groceries and to make a deposit.  We wore our new face masks at the market.  They are a way lot more comfortable than the other masks that Lisa brought us.  It was pretty cool this morning.  The forecast for early was close to freezing.  I didn't want to take any chances on any plant damage.  I started water running down the rows in the garden.  The running water is warmer than the air.

I covered the pomegranate to protect the tender buds and blossoms.
The two grape plants that I planted yesterday were really wilted this morning.
I don't think it was stress of the transplanting, but the cold night and morning
 I covered them with the small wire basket and burlap.
I then put another piece of burlap on top of both of them.
I laid the shrub down and covered it with two blankets.
This morning I removed the two blankets and stood the shrub back up.  I put the short guy wires back.
Later in the morning I set up the three basket trellis.  One row of tomato plants are put in place.
I was working in the garage and Carol was at the post office.  Carol Masner opened the side door to the garage door.  I came out and she said that the plants are in the kitchen.  There are two baskets.  We placed them on stools.  One in the living room and
Other in the living room.
The poly is off house six.  They are getting ready for planting new hemp plants.
I found a tomato growing which I named it Cherry Banana.  I took some cuttings and hope that they will roots.
There are a bunch of Box Elder maple tree growing in the yard.  I cut all of them down and painted round-up on the stump.  Some are small.  I loaded them into the truck.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment