Followers

Friday, May 15, 2020

Cutting Grass

This morning we went to the Fillmore Market.  On the way we left the shredder tires at Steve's Tires to have them fixed.  Both tubes leaked.

When we got home I got the weed whip, filled up the fuel tank, and then gave the crank rope a couple of pulls.  I primed the carburetor  and it started right up.  I trimmed grass around trees,  the edges of the lawn, and the driveway edge.  I then began to mow the lawn.
The grass was really tall.  I filled up the grass catcher before I made it all away around the yard.  I dumped about four times.

I dumbed all of the loads around the irises.

 
Wade Lemon came over for more Golden Current bushes.  We found a dozen or so east of house five.  We filled up his truck.  He took them home and was going to come back for the rest of them, but he didn't make. 
Each time I walk out to the greenhouse, things have changed.   Large hemp plants are planted  all over.
I think that the plants are staged on a sixteen foot bench.
After lunch I filled up my back pack sprayer with a Round-up type of weed killer.  I drove the truck up to the head ditch and sprayed the bottom and sides of the ditch.  When I finished that I spray the weeds between the sidewalk and the ditch.
Here you can see the ditch and the side.
Benches at the Fillmore IFA  has some clever benches made out of good quality pallets.  There are not many bedding plants left.
I put the tires on the shredder back on the shredder.  It was much easier to push the shredder back into the shed.
This photo shows the newly mowed lawn and some of the pipes for the water that we are getting in the morning.
This is a screen I put in front of the pipe to keep out the leaves and sticks.  It takes the water into our yard.  It was used in a bucket of paint.  There are two hooks than hangs on the inside edge of a bucket.  The paint roller is rolled against the screen to remove excess paint.

 The truck is full  of branches.   I took branches to landfill and emptied the truck.


Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment