Followers

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Planting Grow-bag Potatoes

This morning we went to the post office to pick up the mail.  There wasn't much.  We then drove to Fillmore and stopped at the Revere Health building.  Carol stayed in the car and read the newspaper  I checked in and soon was ushered to a exam room.  She checked my blood pressure and my O2.  Soon two nurses came in.  One finishing his training and one supervising the training and one keeping supplies available. 

Each suture had to be cut and then pulled out.  The supervisor was watching and making suggestions all the time.  When they finished, I asked for some pictures.

A close-up of the scare on the right side of my face.
Then further away.  One jokingly asked if the scissors were to be used for cutting off the sutures.
I asked for a selfie.  Then I would get my moneys worth.  We gassed up the car, got some prescriptions for Carol, then the groceries, and last of all ice cream cones.
A garden hose has been frozen in the snow and ice.  I took a small pick hammer and broke away about twelve inches of snow to free the extension cord.
I wanted to plant some potatoes in grow bags in house five.  I remove some of the dirt and then took them two house five.

There was a a lot of dirt, soil, on the weed barrier where I had my plants.  I got the blower and used the extension cord and blew the dirt to the south.  it was got really dusty.  The fan was blowing out some of the dust, but the shutter on the east end was closed. I went outside and then around house four and opened the east door of house five.  I blocked the door open.  It didn't take long to remove the dusty air.
I put three potatoes in in a grow bag and then covered it with soil.
The potatoes are now covered.
There were five root control bags that were all ready filled with recycled potting soil.  I carried them to where some soil was piled on the floor.  I put three potatoes in each bag and then covered them.  I had eight bags.  I wanted one more.  I got a empty bag that was in house three and filled it with soil. 
That gave me nine bags.  

I left the west door of Greenhouse five open. It is starting to cool down.  I closed the west door and put a block against it keep it closed.  I walked around to the east door and shut it.  I couldn't close the latch so blocked it closed with a concreate block.  The shutter didn't fully close.  I tried to fix it.  I would have to open the 's' wire.  I will let someone else do that.  

I have been working on speech to print.  I tried over and over and over again.  Once in the house I checked my email and found all of those tries, at least five, showed up in my inbox.  I will do more tomorrow if i can remember how to do it.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment