Followers

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Building Trusses

I spent most of the morning in the house.  It was wet and cold outside.  I let the chickens out.

I got an other photo of the remodel post office.  They are putting siding material in the gabled end of the post office.  I picked up the mail.  
This afternoon I started building the trusses.  I was able to measure the angles with my speed square.  I cut the angles with my battery operated circular saw.  I sure like it.  I don't have to have and extension cord.  I did have change batteries.  
I  put pieces of wood down to line up the rafters.  I ripped a 2x4 in half for the ceiling joists.
In the left hand corner there is a wooden block to maintain the 3/4 rise.  I cut wedge out of each end of the trusses. I drilled holes in the joists and drove in two screws.  I waxed the screws to make them drive more easy.  It pulled the two pieces tightly together.  
This is a picture of the peak of the trusses.  
Here is the first completed truss.

Some dog, or fox killed our red hen.   Our Tuesday morning coordinator called and invited us come back to the temple.  We will be studying the parts.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment