Followers

Monday, April 5, 2021

Long Weekend

 I didn't post anything Saturday or Sunday.  Mainly it was General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We spent most of the day watching it on TV.  Between and after the sessions there were related TV programing.

The seeds in these tiny Grow bags are germinating.  One is a weed and the others are tomato plants.
Friday Robert and I finished the new greenhouse attached to the south end of the garage.
  Benches will be on top of the barrels.  The barrels will be filled with water which will help keep the greenhouse warm during the cold or colder winter nights. 
The above photo is looking at the top of the greenhouse.  Previous photo was looking more at the ground
Saturday Shane hired someone with a hugh tractor.  He moved the compost that was next to the street and dumped it west of house five.
A picture of the bench almost finished.  I ripped a 2x4 in half and put half inch plywood on top.
This is what is left of the last years bench.  I took it apart and reused the plywood and ripped the 2x4's in half.
I put the pieces on cement blocks and screwed them together.
The tomatoes are starting their true leaves.
A sign of spring.  Apricot blossoms.  The tree is loaded with flowers.
The forsythia is loaded with yellow flowers.  So pretty.
I moved all of our seedlings into the new greenhouse today.    I covered them with a towel to protect them from any frost.
Another photo closer up.
I planted the sweet potato slips.  One from house five and the other two from the kitchen.  I dug three holes for the three slips in this raised bed.  I dug out all of the weeds and fed them to the our hen.
You may to be able to see the slips.  One in each hole.
I watered them and back filled the holes and covered them with one little basket.  I covered the basket with a small piece of burlap and then with another basket to shade them.
Here we have fern leaf peonies.  They are about ready to bloom.
The last job for the day is to mow the lawn.  The lawnmower start right up.  I filled it with gas and added some oil.  I got a lot of leaves.
I found these peonies growing west of house five.  They were planted a couple of years ago.  I thought that they had died.  They didn't get much water last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment